Saturday, July 25, 2009

The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love.
- St. Teresa of Avila

Well, I went and saw The Ugly Truth today at the theaters. It was interesting.... I'm currently in the process of finalizing my divorce and so love, relationships and dating are all touchy subjects for me. I got married at eighteen during my second year of college and am now twenty-four and terrified, I suppose. I don't know how to date, and I'm not entirely convinced I want to but I do want love and a family. What scares me the most is when I watch "movies" the women, and perhaps the men, seem to be playing games. They don't seem to be real or themselves. Their decisions are based on another's response versus who they are and that scares me. What is it like dating as an adult? How do you date as an adult? These questions go round and round in my poor head. I wish I could leave it as movie dramatization but then I see how my roommate's friends are and the questions they ask each other about what to say and the "games" don't seem so far fetched. Thankfully or sadly, I don't think very highly of them so I will not be following in their footsteps but that doesn't exactly calm my mind. I guess that leaves me with this quote, I need to focus less on being loved and more on loving others. The rest will work itself out. :)


La Belle Dame sans Merci


No comments: